donderdag 8 augustus 2013

holiday planning: Thursday jewelry update 3

heyy, today I want to show you what I made this week. It isn't jewelry yet, but it can be turned into it. For my birthday I got a resin set, with resin, hardener, measuring cups, and stirring sticks. My birthday was April 17th, but I hadn't tried it yet, so this weekend, I wanted to make some resin charms. I made 6 resin pieces in total, but 4 failed because they won't dry completely, but I still made pictures of them, because they look nice.

Here are the first two I made (these worked out well):

Here I used some cute stickers with glitters on the background. The first one (the blue piece with the cat sticker) turned out best, because the panda sticker is a bit to large and there's a scratch on the front. They only have a few airbubbles.

Here are the other ones (the ones who failed):

If they would dry completely, I would make charms of them to hang on a necklace, because they are so cool. I used beads, because before I had resin, I used glue to make charms. Only glue shrinks. I wanted to make the beaded glue charms with resin, because I liked the composition of the beads. I don't know what went wrong, but they should be dry after 24 hours and mine were still tacky after 4 days.

When I made more resin charms, I will make a tutorial, but first I want to make some good pieces, so that I can show the end result in the tutorial. Maybe I even film it.

I hope you like this update. It's not much, but it took me a long time, because you have to wait until you see the end result.

bye xxx

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten